Take on the challenge of a lifetime with the London to Brighton Bike Ride!
Join over 4000 riders to cycle 55 miles from Clapham Common in London to Madeira Drive on Brighton sea front to raise funds for Grace Eyre.
The event takes place on Sunday 11th September 2022.
The event organised by Skyline Events includes:
- There will be refreshment stops offering free water & snacks located frequently along the route – mile 17, mile 30 and the top of the infamous Ditchling Beacon at mile 45.
- Full mechanical support – if you are confident you’ll make the distance but you’re not so sure about your bike don’t worry we’ve got you covered! Our highly experienced mechanics will be based at all rest stops along the route and you’ll also be given the phone number of our mobile mechanics should you need them.
Fully signed route – no need to be looking at a map – our route is fully sign-posted so that you can keep your eyes on the road and enjoy the wonderful surrounding countryside!
- Pre-event support – once you have registered your place you’ll be given access to our comprehensive pre-event website which has full details of the route, training advice and fundraising advice. You’ll also be able to call or email our friendly events team – just get in touch with your questions and we’ll be able to answer them for you!
- Meet other cyclists – cycling on your own and would like to find a cycling buddy? Want to find training partners in your area? Want advice on kit and training from other riders? Our Facebook page is the answer! Once you’ve registered your place we’ll give you access to the official London to Brighton Cycle Facebook page – it’s the place to be before the ride!
- Congratulations! Once you have completed the ride you will be rewarded with an official souvenir of your achievement – the coveted London to Brighton Cycle Medal! This is for you to treasure and remember your wonderful day by!
Once we are out of London we predominantly cycle along quiet country lanes passing through Mitcham, Carshalton, Chipstead, Banstead and Haywards Heath before taking on the challenge that is Ditchling Beacon – a mile long climb to the top of the South Downs where you will be rewarded with amazing views and a water break!
Registration fee £55 per person
By signing up to this challenge we would ask that you commit to raising a minimum sponsorship of £200 per person.
You can help us build a stronger community for everyone. With your support we can keep our services and activities running, and changing people’s lives. Raise money for Grace Eyre today.
We look forward to having you on our team!
How fit do I need to be?
The London to Brighton cycle ride is challenging but achievable. In order to maximise your enjoyment you do need to train and get out on your bike before the ride!
What kit do I need to bring?
We recommend you have a well-serviced bike – it doesn’t need to be carbon–framed or anything special but it should be comfortable and well maintained. As well as your bike it is essential you have a helmet. It’s up to you whether you carry a bag with you but we recommend this is fixed to your bike (search for ‘bike panniers’ online) rather than worn on your back which can become very tiring.
Is there an age restriction?
You will need to be 16 or over but there is no upper age limit. However all participants of whatever age should ensure they are fit enough to take part in the event. If you are in any doubt please check with your doctor.