Grace Eyre’s Travel Buddy project is working together with our friends at Govia Thames Link Railways (GTR) and Brighton and Hove Buses to bring you a travel training workshop.
The workshop will be a combined Drama on the Bus and Try a Train session.
The session will include:
- Drama on the Bus session followed by a trip to Brighton railway station to Try a Train
- Learn what GTR have put in place to help you travel safely and confidently
- An opportunity to meet the station staff
- Lunch & refreshments
Thursday 20th October 2022 – Please note this is now fully booked*
10:30 am to 2:00 pm
Starts and finishes at Grace Eyre’s Montefiore Road site
*We are pleased to say that we have had so much interest in this event that we are now fully booked. However, please continue to register your interest as we would like to repeat the event in the new year. We will prioritise those who have not been able to get a place this time around.
What will happen on the day
- 10:30 am: We will start at 10:30 am at our Montefiore Road site
- 11:00 am: We will go to Brighton railway station where we will look at accessibility, get a ticket and have lunch on the concourse.
- 1:00 pm: We will travel to Haywards Heath railway station on the train
- 1:30 pm: We will return to Hove by rail replacement bus
- 2:30 pm: We arrive back at Montefiore Road and the day finishes
Who it’s for
This session is perfect for:
- people who want to try a train with Travel Buddy
- people who want to gain confidence in using public transport independently
How to book
Click the button below to fill out a form to express your interest in coming. Our Travel Buddy team will be in touch to confirm your booking.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to register or to ask any questions.