Thirty-two (32) people attended the workshops over 4 days. Participants told us that they “had fun” and enjoyed “being able to talk about [their] experiences” [as an independent traveller].
Amanda at Team Domenica said:
“The travel training sessions were beneficial for our candidates to learn about travelling independently, those who are already independent travelers were able to contribute to the conversation by sharing success stories with each other. Many of our candidates are interested in pursuing travel training more in the future and it is all thanks to these wonderful sessions.”
The Travel Buddy taster session workshop is a series of 4 90-minute interactive workshops to show:
- What we do at Travel Buddy
- How to stay safe
- How to get the best experience while travelling
Gary Cunningham, Team Leader for Travel Buddy, said:
“The workshops cover the fundamental basics of travel and help participants take those first steps towards independent travel – topics like preparing for a journey, road safety, road crossings and staying safe on the bus.”
Travel Buddy taster session workshops
- Workshop 1: This workshop gives an overall view of what Travel Buddy can help you with as well as information about what Brighton and Hove Buses have done to make travelling safer for those with learning and physical disabilities.
- Workshop 2: How to prepare for a journey covers what you need for your journey, planning a route and safe road crossing.
- Workshop 3: What to expect on the bus covers how to use the bus and various scenarios of how to stay safe when certain circumstances occur.
- Workshop 4: Putting it all together covers more scenarios and what our Travel Buddy project can help you with.
If you feel your students or the people you support would benefit from taking part in our Travel Buddy workshops, please get in touch with our Travel Buddy team at email@example.com.
Thanks to Brighton and Hove Buses for their continued support.