Job reference number:
Brighton & Hove
Hours per week:
|We are looking for a support worker to work in one of our Supported Living services supporting 9 tenants who each live independently in their own self-contained flats.
The people we support in this service all have varying needs, such as, learning disabilities, autism, substance misuse, mental health.
The shifts are worked out on a 6 week rolling rota made up of daytime, evening and some sleep in shifts. Weekend work is also part of the rota.
Brief outline of the role:
The role as support worker within this service has some key tasks such as,
– Supporting people to gain independent living skills both at home and in the community,
– Support to manage their money and medication,
– Support with all health-related appointments,
– Support to maintain and manage their tenancy,
– Emotional support
– Support to manage relationships
– Crisis management
The ideal candidate would ideally have had experience of supporting all or some of these client groups, are familiar with what people can access in the city and have a positive mindset to managing challenges and crisis.
The people we support would like someone who is friendly, reliable, easy to talk to and good at listening.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: No applicant for employment or employee will be treated less favourably than another on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership or pregnancy & maternity, and we encourage applications from people with learning disabilities or identify with being on the autistic spectrum/neurodiverse.
Staff benefits include:
· Enhanced holiday entitlement
· One paid celebration day a year
· Cost of living support package such as rental deposit scheme
· Cycle to work scheme
· Generous refer-a-friend scheme
· One paid volunteering day a year
· Enhanced sick pay
· Enhanced employer pension contribution
· Enhanced death in service
· Training and development opportunities
· Flexible working opportunities.
We are also:
· A living wage employer
· Accredited as a Disability Confident Leader
· Accredited as an Investors in People employer
Successful applicants will be required to provide details of 2 referees (one must be your most recent employer) and undertake an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Please apply by filling in an application form or alternatively by sending a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please state clearly which job you are applying for and the location
Closing Date: 24/09/2023
Interviews will take place the week commencing: 25/09/2023