There is a pop-up COVID-19 vaccination clinic being held specifically for people with learning disabilities.
This session is specifically for people with a learning disability. The clinic will have staff running it who are experienced with vaccinating people with a learning disability. It will be safe, calm and well-spaced.
Saturday 29th January 2022
10:30 am to 2:30 pm
Who can attend
Vaccinations can be offered to people 16+. For their 1st, 2nd or Booster vaccination (Pfizer).
2nd dose eligibility:
- Pfizer/Moderna 1st dose received
- If 18+ = 8+ weeks since 1st dose
- If 16/17 = 12+ weeks since 1st dose
- Any vaccine for 1st/2nd dose
- 90 days since 2nd dose
- 16+ years old
How to book
Ideally people should ring and book an appointment. Call 0300 303 8060 to help with timing appointments.
Let them know it’s for the Learning Disability session at the Brighthelm Centre.
Please email email@example.com any completed Reasonable Adjustment forms, Mental Capacity Best Interest Documents or Vaccination Support Plans before the appointment and bring copies with you on the day.
Limited car parking spaces are available. Please book with Brighthelm in advance. Ring them on 01273 821 512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Easy Read Guides
- Easy Read leaflet for this pop-up vaccination session (print version)
- Easy-read leaflet to the COVID-19 booster vaccination (print version) – please note has out of date 6 month after 2nd vaccination eligibility.
- COVID-19 vaccination: easy-read leaflets – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). – All easy read resources.
- The COVID-19 vaccine for people with learning disabilities – YouTube – self-advocates from the East Sussex Involvement Matters Team share their experiences of having the vaccine.